The Office of Career Services is committed to empowering students to succeed in their career trajectory. We provide individualized employment support, resources, and impactful programming to help students clarify career goals, establish post-graduation plans, develop job search skills, and successfully transition into their desired career. We build lasting relationships with alumni, employers, and other universities and colleges to optimize career opportunities.
To empower Navajo Technical University students to proactively pursue and obtain their desired careers while realizing their potential and the possibility of meaningful experiences across their lifetime.
EDUCATION + EMPLOYMENT = EMPOWERMENT
Our bottom line is student success. In everything we do, whether in classrooms, in the office, around campus, in the community or in dealing with employers, the Office of Career Services adheres to five core values:
- Critical Thinking: engage students in critical examination of their personal, academic and career goals that supports growth, personal interests, ambition, and the development of lifelong career management skills.
- Goal Setting: offer guidance in post-graduation planning, including career development and continuing education, by setting realistic, achievable, and measureable actions/goals.
- Self-Advocacy: help students to recognize the importance of speaking up for themselves, making their own decisions, asking impactful questions, forging professional relationships and cultivating their ambition.
- Community Action: encourage students to give back to their communities through volunteering, advocacy, being positive role models, and using their education to impact change.
- Reflection: connect academics and career exploration back to students’ lives, both at home and as a global citizen.